Holistic holidays in Munnar

Fog Munnar offers a balanced holiday to its guests with a slew of adventure and spa experiences

Fog Munnar Resort and Spa is a 40-room property which blends luxury with nature. The property is only two years old but has managed to attract a fair share of inbound and domestic tourists visiting Munnar. “At Fog Munnar, we offer high quality service. We offer 1:3 guest ratio which leads to a 100 per cent guest satisfaction. Earlier we had 26 rooms but last year we added another 14 rooms,” says Jolly Antony, Chief Executive Officer, The Fog Munnar Resorts and Spa. The property recorded overall occupancy of 80 per cent out of which 40 per cent was from inbound guests while the rest 60 per cent was constituted by domestic tourists. Middle East is the largest source market for Fog Munnar among other European destinations.

The property is frequented by families, honeymooners and leisure travellers. “We witnessed a healthy growth last year over our debut year and looking at the business, we can expect 5 per cent growth in 2017 over 2016,” adds Antony. The traditional travel agents form the largest source of bookings for Fog Munnar. Over 50 per cent of the bookings were converted through travel agents, 18 per cent contributed by online travel agents while only 24 per cent direct bookings were received through the property’s website. Antony explains that Fog Munnar has a different approach towards marketing and promoting the property. “We believe that inviting guests to see the property is an attractive way to showcase its various facilities, its ambience and the high standards of service that we offer.

The familiarisation trips offer an experience to the guests and they can then promote the property as its ambassadors. Also, the marketing and sales team of the property is the backbone for all promotions and marketing strategies that are undertaken. Given the influence of social media in today’s time, we are also aggressively shifting focus to digital platforms,” says Antony.

Check Also

Offering hotel solutions 24×7

After covering the Middle East, India and Africa, 24x7Rooms.com is now exploring the immense potential …